Thursday, March 24, 2011

{oh my...}

So I finally got to spend some time with Jacob today while we went to the doctors for my 20 week ultrasound.
Lately I've been spending a lot of time on baby registries trying to get a feel
as for what we want to do with the nursery.

The thing is... at one of my earlier ultrasounds my doctor and I made a guess as to the gender of the baby,
but it wasn't 100% what we were seeing so I've held off "announcing" anything.
So we picked a nursery theme that was gender neutral
to be safe,
but we were bad about talking to and about the baby with a gender specific name,
and referring to the baby with gender specific pronouns!

We are excited either way but we're so getting used to one
and now just looking at things for the other,
I'm getting a little overwhelmed!
I mean I grew up with younger brothers so I know little boys
and Jacob has a younger sister so he kinda knows little girls,
(and I was a little girl at one point even though I didn't act like one)

All I have to say is... I'm glad the names we picked out have similar soundings nicknames.





Oh and.... WHAT THE HECK AM I GONNA DO WITH A GIRL!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I take it that means it's a girl??? :)

    ~ Jolene Bullock

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!!! And you never know how super girly she'll be :) Amy (the girliest of all of the Fisher girls) has a tomboy! She loves trains and dinosaurs and soccer... so you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! SO excited for you and Jacob, Dev!!! Can't wait to make some fun things for the little one! Any names yet??

    ReplyDelete